Assisted living homes and
aged care facilities in Balwyn
Trinity Manor Balwyn: A Private and Tranquil Sanctuary
Our aged care homes are located in a quiet area, this home with 77 private suites is staffed by permanent care professionals who take the time to get to know every resident on a personal level. It is one of our two locations that offer dementia-related services and was renovated in 2008 to ensure that all facilities are contemporary.
We are fully accredited, and we offer multiple care options for our residents. Also, the security and well-being of our residents is of the utmost priority, and we have taken every precautionary measure to ensure their safety and comfort, which is reflected in our assisted living homes and aged care facilities.
Services, Amenities, and Features
- Single and companion suites
- New, luxurious deluxe suites with lounges and kitchenettes also available Individual ensuites to all rooms
- Cooling and heating systems in every room with individual climate control
- Telephone connection
- TV connection with Foxtel
- Internet connection
- Fully adjustable high/low beds in all rooms
- Medical and allied health services always available
- A registered nurse is on duty 24-hours a day, 7 days a week and is assisted by enrolled nurses and personal care attendants
- Visiting GPs, dental, and eye care services
- Physiotherapy program
- Aromatherapy massage
- Podiatry services
- Palliative care
- Nurse call bell system
- Secure garden and courtyard area
- Secure access card entry and exit
- Westbury Cafe
- Lifestyle program
- Pet therapy/in-home aquarium
- State-of-the-art security system
- Laundry service – Wash, Dry & Fold
- Modern furnishings
- Multiple intimate lounge and dining areas
- Delicious meals made on site
- Catering to different dietary needs and requests (rotational menu with a variety of nutritious meals)
- Walking distance to tram line and shops
- Private dining room
- Hairdresser salon
- Hydrotherapy spa room
- Theatre/chapel room
- Bus for outings
- Professional cleaning
Balwyn Trinity Manor Fees & Charges
Fees payable by residents at aged care facilities are regulated by the Commonwealth Government. In broad terms, there are two types of fees that are payable at Trinity Manor:
- Fees that contribute to the costs of care and services (known as care fees).
- Fees that contribute to the costs of accommodation (known as accommodation payments and accommodation contributions).
Further information can be found at
Residents can be asked to pay the following fees (the eligibility fees are confirmed by the Department of Human Services):
- A standard resident contribution;
- A means tested care fee;
- An additional service fee.
Basic Daily Fee
The basic daily fee is 85% of the age pension amount and the fee is indexed every 6 months in line with the age pension.
All elders are required to pay this fee, including full pensioners and part pensioners with low income, unless an elder is approved for financial hardship.
Means tested care fee
This is a Government regulated fee. Please click on the link for further information https://www.myagedcare.gov.au/costs/aged-care-homes-costs-explained/means-tested-care-fee
Additional service fee
Additional service fees apply to places in residential care facilities that have additional service status. These fees are charged on a daily basis.
Trinity Manor has additional service status providing a higher standard of room, meals, other care and services. We pride ourselves on the wide range of additional services offered.
Depending on your income and assets, you may be asked to pay a refundable accommodation contribution or a refundable accommodation deposit payment. This is for your aged care home accommodation only. This is in addition to the:
- basic daily fee
- means-tested care fee
- fees for extra and additional services.
Your income and assets assessment will determine if you will receive assistance with your accommodation costs. Some people will have their accommodation costs paid in full or in part by the Australian Government. Others will need to pay the price agreed to with the aged care home.
Accommodation payments are refundable to the resident on departure. We may deduct any amounts owing to us. Those residents transferring to another aged care facility will have their accommodation payment refunded within 14 days from when notice is given. If a resident passes away, the balance of their accommodation payment will be refunded to the estate within 14 days after we receive a copy of the Grant of Probate or Letters of Administration.
Residents at Trinity Manor are required to pay their fees and charges monthly in advance. Please discuss fee collection methods with the administration officer prior to admission. For residents who have an unpaid accommodation payment amount, your monthly invoice will include an interest component on the unpaid accommodation payment.
Sometimes residents may be eligible for hardship assistance if they cannot afford their fees or accommodation costs due to circumstances beyond their control. An application for hardship can be submitted to the Department of Health using an online form. Please visit the link for more information. https://www.humanservices.gov.au/individuals/enablers/asset-hardship-provisions
Please see our fee sheet for further details.
Please feel free to contact our Admissions manager on ph: +613 9091 5200, or enquiry through the below form.